September 15, 2018 by: Kirk Lavoie
5 Things To Do In Ogunquit In Fall
Of course the beach is most often visited in the summer months of July and August. But, there are definitely things to see and do during the fall months of September and October. Take advantage of lower rates and small crowds. We are waiting for you! Mention this blog post and receive 10% off your next stay.
- Going to the beach is still number on in September and October. The sun is bright the air comfortable and less humid. Staking out your spot in the sand is so much easier
- You can't beat fall for walking and shopping. Take the Marginal Way from downtown to Perkins Cove wander the shops in the cove and head back uptown coffee (or ice cream) and more shopping.
- The final show of the main season of John Lane's Ogunquit Playhouse is Jersey Boys and it is on the stage through October. Purchase your tickets from The Ogunquit Inn and receive a 15% discount!
- OgunquitFest and the annual Scarecrow contest are on the calendar in October. Craft fairs, Whoopie Pie eating contest and antique car show are just a few of the OgunquitFest weekend.
- Take just a short drive west from Ogunquit and take a hike. Mount Agamenticus is a 1.7 mile, 334 foot ascent loop hike. On a clear day you can see the Atlantic ocean and the ocean of fall colored leaves around you.